Suggest ways to help a toddler gain weight
what do u suggest to help her gain weight.
Weight of your baby is appropriate for age
Thanks for the query
At 28 month the weight of 11 kg is appropriate.
If you plot the weight on growth chart it is around 50th centile which is normal.
Both ferrium xt and orofer xt contains 30 mg of elemental iron in 5 ml.
I agree with your doctor as I have also seen iron and calcium deficiency which remains undetected.
I would like to continue feronia xt.Also give calcimax syrup which contains calcium and vitamin d(250 mg calcium in 5 ml).2.5 ml twice a day will be sufficient.
Give it for 2-3 months and monitor the weight of baby.
I won't get worried as weight of your baby is appropriate for age.
you said continue feronia xt, does that mean i switch from ferrium xt which i am giving presently to feronia xt..? what r the advantages.
The ingredient in both feronia xt and ferium xt is same
I am extremely sorry for the typing(due to auto select of feronia instead of ferium) error.
The ingredient in both feronia xt and ferium xt is ferrous ascorbate 30 mg/5 ml.
There is no difference except the brand.
Actually I meant to say ferium xt only.
Please continue with ferium xt.
I am also giving her pediasure from abbot ,as per the advice of our paediatrician.
what r your comments on pediasure . Do u recommend any thing else?
warm XXXXXXX day Greetings.
Pediasure is a good nutritional supplement
Thanks for follow up
Pediasure is a very good nutritional supplement for children.You can continue giving pediasure.
Give healthy home food and avoid junk foods.
Monitor growth(height and weight) of baby as per growth chart.
Growth chart of XXXXXXX academy of pediatrics for girls are available on the Internet.
Wish you and your family a happy XXXXXXX day
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Weight loss in toddler no subcutaneous fat
- Help toddler swallowed calamine lotion
- What doctors help with hyper toddlers
- How to help my toddler with pruritus
- How to increase weight in toddlers
- Toddler weight by age
- Tips for gaining chubby cheeks in toddlers
- Toddler leg pain please help
- Any medicine for gaining weight and height of toddler
- Suggestion for paste and soap for toddler
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?