Suggest ways to get fair hands

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doc. I'm XXXX 23 male. my face is fair but my hands are dark colour. how to get whiten .Is any lotion or cream available to get fair hands without any side effects. and one more question is what is the best lip balm for pink and healthy lips.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use cream containing kojic acid

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply cream containing kojic acid on the hands twice daily for atleast 8-10 weeks. It won't have any side effects.
Many brands containing kojic acid are available in the market like clearz plus cream, kojivit cream and kojiglo cream.
You can choose from any of the above.
You can use nmf e lip care balm for lips as it contains aloe vera and vitamin E and also doesn't have any side effects.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 48 minutes later
Mam i found KOJIVIT GEL CREAM 15G Micro Labs . can i use it . Is it same as kojivit cream. and u said use for 8-10 weeks my doubt is after stopping this cream may i get more dark colour hands than before i start using cream .i mean if i quit using this any side effects. b'coz i heard some creams like this. Mam can u tell me Blistex Medicated Lip Balm with SPF15 and nmf e lipcare which one is best
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can use kojivit gel cream, won't have side effects

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can use kojivit gel cream. Don't worry as it won't cause more darkening of the hands on stopping.
Both blistex lip balm and nmf lip care balm are equally good but I have experience of using nmf lip balm and it is very good.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
okay madam. doctor on my face two or 3 uneven marks appearing . i thought it was flat warts then i consulted 2 dermatologists but one doctor said no these were not warts . it looks like freckles and suggested retino a cream. 2nd doctor told me these are not flat warts and not freckles just uneven marks like pimples but not pimples & gave yugard cream. i've been using for yugard cream for 20 days but no use . it works for pimples but not that uneven marks . on general view we can't observe these marks if see very deeply we can notice. my question is how long i can use yugard to notice result. i apply it night and keep overnight. after stopping this cream any side effects ? plz explain.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
6-8 weeks to notice improvement, will not cause side effects

Detailed Answer:
Yugard contains mild amount of retinoids and it needs to be used for 6-8 weeks to notice significant results.
It won't cause any side effects. You don't have to worry.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 13 hours later
Thank you doctor. I take milk every night before go to bed. Is it okay ? and what is the best time for walking? I would love to walk in night time after dinner. shall i continue this time or should i change timing ? and how long walk is better? (45 min or 1 hr)
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take milk at bedtime, go for walk before dinner , walk for 30-45 minutes

Detailed Answer:
Yes it is fine to take milk at night before going to bed.
Regarding walk it is better if you go for walking before dinner as it is more beneficial.
Normally one should walk for 30 -45 minutes at a given time.