Suggest ways to get fair complexion

Dr. VINAY KUMAR

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am 30 years old. What medicine I can use to make my skin slightly fairer? I dont have pimples. I just want healthier and fairer skin.
Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is easy! Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

Welcome to this website.
I am Dr V XXXXXXX a Sr Cons Dermatologist.

I have noted your details and concerns.

I fully agree with you that certain treatments are quite heavy on the pocket. Moreover, hair reduction is basically for hairs and has no effect on the complexion of an individual.There is no need to be bothered even if you cannot opt for costly treatments.

I am going to detail some measures which will yield pleasing results.

1 For anyone desirous of fairer complexion, the first requirement is to use sunscreens or simple avoidance of UV or sunlight. In the course of life's activities it is difficult to manage to stay away from sunlight all the time. Therefore, the logical way out is to use sunscreens. One should use a sunscreen of at least 30-35 SPF twice a day to dry skin. The preferred schedule would be 1030AM and 100PM daily irrespective of climate.

2 Have plenty of vegetables and fruits to get most out of the vitamins and antioxidants contained therein

3 Avoidance of cosmetics and exposure to harsh environments.

4 Glycolic Acid containing skin applications are quite effective while good results are reported by the use of preparations containing Kojic Acid as well. In my experience, both work well.

5 Simple but healthy lifestyle goes a long way in keeping the simple in healthy condition.

6 Antioxidants in the form of oral preparations give necessary impetus to improvement and are also helpful in detoxifying the free radicals responsible for aging of the skin.

These measures are intended mainly for your age group and will definitely boost your chances of early recovery.

Best wishes, always from all of us!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. VINAY KUMAR 24 minutes later
Doctor please suggest me any cream contains glycolic acid which I can use. When ever I consult doctor they ask me for more procedures and I am end with that with no results.
Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here is the answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Welcome back!

I have had gratifying experience using Melawash on my patients.

It is easy to use and is non-irritating for even sensitive types of skin.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. VINAY KUMAR 29 hours later
Thanks alott Doctor

Doctor please suggest me any Glycolic peel , name and brand (with low percentage) which I can use at home for instant results at the same i will be using melawash face wash/cream for my regular routine.

XXXX
PhD (XXXX)
Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here you go!

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam

Welcome with your fresh query!

As I said last time, Melawash is the preparation that serves the purpose.
It has Glycolic acid as its constitutent.You probably will not need any other thing to enhance its effect.

If you need peels which generally are higher percentage of Glycolic acid or similar ingredients, then you will have to get them at the facility since these peels are not recommended for home use whereas Melawash is a safer and home use preparation.

Of course, Melawash has low concentration of active ingredient and therfore, is not only safer but offers convenience of self-use.

I hope you will get better soon.
Our best wishes, always!