Suggest ways to gain weight
I cant put up much weight. my weight is 59 and it ia still there since 2 years. I have good apetite but I beleive if I eat more then it goes waste as I have to go to tiolet. I go to toilet multiple times a day.
can u suggest how can I increase my weight
To gain weight you need to consume more calories every day.
Welcome to XXXXXXX care magic,
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your weight is 59 kg and height 5.5, so your BMI would be 21.67 which is not low or in other words it is very much in normal range.
If body mass index(BMI)is less than 18.5, then and then one can be considered as a underweight.
As you said that you have to go for bowel evacuation multiple times a day which actually depends on the frequency of eating. Normally,one can have 2 to 3 motions per day when his diet is like morning breakfast,afternoon lunch and evening dinner.
If your eating frequency is more than three times a day then you might have more than three bowel motions per day which is completely normal.
Now,to diagnose an altered bowel habit,character and consistency of stool is more important than frequency.
Here,I want to say if you have multiple motions in a day that does not mean your food calories,mineral and vitamins etc. go waste.
Please dont think like that.
Now,if you still want to put on some weight then here I am giving you some diet plan which might help you.
1) Eat high calorie, high protein diet. Do not increase the intake of junk foods and greasy foods, this will contain unhealthy fats.
2) Eat healthy fats like omega-3 essential fatty acids sources like salmon, walnuts.
3) Eat good protein rich foods like lean meats, fish, poultry, egg white nuts, seeds, pulses and legumes.
4) Eat healthy carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
5) Eat five to six small balanced meals per day rather than eating three large meals.
6) Protein powder and nutritional supplement drinks can be added.
7) Consume a lot of high-calorie snacks (not junk foods) such as cheese sticks, milk shakes, muffins, dried fruits, yoghurt.
8) Drink a lot of fluids that supply nutrients and calories like milk, fresh fruit juice and energy drinks.
9) Eat starchy vegetables like potatoes and corn more often.
10) Drink at least 2 glasses of milk, replace tea with milk.
11) Have eggs for breakfast. Custard is good for putting on weight.
12) Eat bananas and sapota (chikoo) milkshakes.
Keep a record of calorie intake each day. Try to increase calories intake by checking the record and continue to increase calorie intake until you gain weight.
Avoid caffeine and nicotine.
Exercises are also important for healthy weight gain. Resistance training exercises such as lifting weights will help to increase the muscle size.
If you have any doubt then feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest ways to gain weight
- Fastest way on gaining weight gastritis
- Suggest ways to increase weight
- Suggest the ways of loosing weight
- What are the various ways to gain weight
- Ways to gain weight with diabetis
- What are the different ways to gain weight
- What is the best way to gain weight
- Suggest ways to lose weight
- Underweight suggest ways to gain weight