Suggest ways to feed an 8 month old other than breast feed
No such thing as right month
Thanks for your query.
There are a few issues about switching to bottle feeding. Firstly if she takes the bottle, it is probable that she will let go of breast feeding.
At this time, whatever hunger she feels should be fulfilled with solid food followed by breast milk. So she does not take adequate solid food at this age, she will not get used to the tastes of these foods. She will get used to taking milk for growth.
So it is better to go slow with the bottle. One saying applies to feeding practices: It is parents job to offer, baby has the choice whether to accept it or not. You cannot force it.
May you can retry after a month or so. I personally think that a baby can be weaned off breast anytime after 9 months of age. She has to be ready for it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast feeding on lactare to increase breast milk safe
- Breast augmentation one breast higher than the other
- Is breast pump a better option instead of breast feeding
- Deworming medicine and breast feeding
- Postpartum shivers and breast feeding
- Breast calcifications due to breast feeding statistics
- When breast feeding breasts tingle
- What treatment is suggested for pain during breast feeding
- Severe breast pain while breast feeding
- Breast feeding three month old best formula to introduce