Suggest ways to delay periods

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I need to delay my periods. My date is 28th but I want it to be delayed for 2 more days. I am travelling from 19th to 28th and there are chances that I might get my periods early this month due to travelling. Please suggest me which period postpone tablet should be taken and how many times a days should it be taken and from what date should I start taking it.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Devery 10 mg.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query.

I treat my patients with TAB. DEVERY 10 mg 2 times a day till you don't want to get the periods, In your case you should take it from 20th till you do not want your periods. ie till 28th night.

If you want to be 100 % sure then start from 20th. Do not stop any tablet in between.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 15 minutes later
will i get pain later after I stop the tablet and get period? does the tablet cause any side effect?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not much.

Detailed Answer:
As you are not delaying for long time you'll not get much pain. There are no much side effects.
Very rarely it may cause delay in next cycles.

In your case as you are delaying only for 2 days not much side effects are expected.

take care.