Suggest ways to cure laryngitis
A short course of steroids.
I had gone through your query and understand your concern.
Laryngitis means inflammation of the larynx. It is most commonly due to to a viral infection (viral laryngitis).
Other possible causes for laryngitis include:
-Vocal strain, caused by yelling or overusing your voice
-Bacterial infections (rare)
-Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
The treatment will depend upon the cause of the larynx inflammation.
The best way of treatment for viral laryngitis is supportive, including :
-rest your voice (it means not shouting, singing, or talking for long periods).
-staying well hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids,
- breathing humidified air,
- taking NSAIDs (Ibuprofen,Paracetamol) to control the pain.
You need to be patient because time is needed for the vocal cords to rest and recover.
The quickest way to treat Laryngitis is a short course of steroids, (prednisone, prednisolone, or dexamethasone) may be used to decrease the inflammation and shorten the course of symptoms.
This is used in patients with severe laryngitis that have pain and difficulty swallowing,or in patient who need to use their voice as soon as possible (singers,actors etc).
Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any other question or doubt to clarify,I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for laryngeal edema
- Treatment and cure for reflux laryngitis
- Treatment and cure for laryngeal palsy
- Treatment and cure for recurrent laryngitis
- Natural cure laryngitis
- How to cure chronic laryngitis
- Instant cure for laryngitis
- Treatment and cure for bacterial laryngitis
- How to cure laryngitis quick
- How to cure laryngitis overnight