Suggest ways to control hypothyroidism and tinnitus
A few tests need to be done.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Hypothyroidism is known to cause tinnitus and your condition is a possible sequel of the same. I woul insist you to go for the following:
* Get your TSH level checked. The dose of thyroxine may need to be varied based on the current levels.
* Get an audiometry done. We need to look out for sensorineural hearing loss which is a likely association of tinnitus. The audiometry results will guide further intervention. Hearing aid with masking sound may provide relief.
* Vestibulocochlear stabilizers (a group of medicines) like betahistine or cinnarizine may provide relief.
I would await your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism
- Is there any way to treat tinnitus
- Suffering from tinnitus please suggest
- Suggest medication to control symptoms of hypothyroidism
- What treatment is suggested for hypothyroidism
- Natural ways to treat hypothyroidism
- Any suggestion for unilateral tinnitus
- Suggest the treatment that can relieve tinnitus
- Suggest treatment for tinnitus
- Controlled hypothyroidism and induction of labour