• question-icon

Suggest ways to control hypertension

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Is 100 considered a high enough number for concern in protein in the urine. I had severe sepsis in May and since then tests have shown 100 in urine protein 4 consecutive tests. Also have developed severe hypertension sometimes going over 190/100 could this be from damage done by sepsis.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i can understand your concern and here i would like to tell you that 100 is a high level for protein content in urine as normally there should be no protein excretion in the urine.

In your case it seems like your kidneys has got some damage after the sepsis. Also if its so then your high BP can also be due to kidney injury.

Its advisable that you should personally consult a Nephrologist for proper evaluation and then further plan. Also i would like to suggest you to get one Ultrasound of kidneys done.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any other doubts.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 28 minutes later
Also am having low urine output for last3 days could this also due to kidney damage
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Yes sir, reduced urine output is a well established sign of kidney injury.

You need to consult a nephrologist as early possible.

If you have any more doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist