Suggest ways to control diabetes

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hello doctor

my father is 56 years old and has diabetes since 10 years. 6 to 7 months before his diabetes was out of control...so we took treatment from a famous hospital...and also he has problems in eyes(vision)
so we got checkup done there of eyes too...they diagnosed my father with white cataract in both eyes...but because of high diabetes we delayed treatment....now in February..because of serious problem in eyes(even not able to see) we got checkup done from another hospital...doctor said cataract is not major problem for loss of eye vision but another things too...doctor suggested us FFA and OCT test...FFA test we done today and will go for PDR tomorrow...he also suggested us laser treatment(4sittings)each eye....so my question is why is this happening(reason)
these tests are worth or not
basic reason for the problem and which diagnosis is right
what to do next plz suggest
future cases with this problem and treatment
please go through attached reports of both doctors and suggest asap
thank you

regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabetes changes in the retina.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
.There is a remote possibility that medanta doctors
missed the main reason of loss of vision,that was the hemorrhages on the retina due to the uncontrolled diabetes.
To control these lesions,laser treatment is the method of choice.Laser treatment is necessary at this stage to prevent further damage.
Do get back to me in case of any further queries in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad