• question-icon

Suggest ways to conceive after going through a miscarriage

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: please help I had a miscarriage I was 12 weeks pregnant but baby died at 6 weeks. I am 41 and this was my first pregnancy. I miscarried naturally and want to try again. i am so scared it will happen again. I got pregnant naturally but it took 3 years. Will it take as long to conceive again and will I get pregnant naturally again with it happening before
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes possibility of conceiving is there; however extra care needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. Chances of conceiving and continuation decreases with advancing age because of multiple reasons, most common being hormonal imbalance. As you conceived so there is quite high probability that you will conceive again and that too soon. However you need to be extra cautious and must arrange a regular followup with your treating gynecologist. She will put you on multi-vitamins for conceiving and smooth pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 15 minutes later
I am on folic acid and that is all consultant wants me on x
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes folic acid plays an important role.

Detailed Answer:
hello

thank you for getting back. Yes, folic acid plays an important role in early pregnancy. Another medication that should be added is duphaston or IVFC. They also help in boosting early pregnancy.

thank you
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 35 minutes later
Thanks x
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf