Suggest ways to avoid pregnancy
Various methods available
Hi XXXX, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. There are many contraceptive methods available for newly married couples.
Barrier contraceptive ( male condom) is a good method of contraception with low failure rate if used properly. It also protects both the partners from sexually transmitted diseases and has no side effects on the body.
However, if you do not want to use condom, then your wife can take oral contraceptive pills till you both do not plan to have a issue. It has a very very low failure rate, however has few side effects like weight gain and mood swings. Oral contraceptives should be taken after consulting an OBGYN specialist as your wife should be properly examined and investigated to rule out any contraindication for taking the pills.
Other methods are avoiding intercourse in fertile period, abstinence, coitus interruptus . However, they are not effective and have a high failure rate.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Safe way to avoid 2 week old pregnancy
- Suggest the medication to avoid pregnancy
- What is the suggested treatment to avoid pregnancy
- Suggest ways to test pregnancy
- Pregnancy test positive suggest ways to terminate pregnancy
- Ways to avoid pregnancy
- Suggest some medicine to avoid pregnancy
- Suggest ways to determine pregnancy
- Suggest ways to terminate pregnancy naturally
- Suggest ways to lose post pregnancy weight