Suggest ways to avoid closing of the navel after tummy tuck procedure
As described below
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood your concern.
Since it is 4 months that you are operated and using ear plug to keep belly button from opening, it may be necessary to have corrective surgery to keep it permanently open without any aid.
This is so as it is more than three months - this is the time by which the scar tissue is well matured and not keeping the ear plug for a few days is making it small enough that it can barely be seen indicates that the fibrosis has very well set-in.
A small cut in the fibrotic ring will make wonders and keep it open permanently with desired results. Please discuss this with your Surgeon. Till then you can keep the ear plug in it throughout the night and use intermittently throughout the day.
I hope this answer helps you the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis