Suggest ways to achieve normal bowel movement after surgery for colon cancer
Proper diagnosis and trying alternative therapies, aim is good social life.
I can understand the plight you are going through.
To recapitulate: Male/65 - history of cancers of the colon, lung and prostate treated - Rectal cancer surgery was performed in 2011 - no normal BM since then - goes to bathroom several times - even walking out of bath will trigger an early return - tried recommended things - messes with social life.
I would advise you the following:
- First of all we will have to find the cause.
- Needs studies related to emptying time by means of barium or manometry, colonoscopy.
- Consult a Gastroenterologist for further studies so that the cause may be found and the answer if available will be possible.
- In the meantime, stop all the foods and the beverages that instigate or enhanced the problems if you have noted them till now.
- I hope you must have tried loperamide and such medicines.
- I also hope that you must have tried yogurt, banana and such things
We can also try the non-conventional things one by one and it may be possible that something may help to have a control.
Usually we do not give links but I thought it apt to give you one to go through, please see so that we can discuss further.
These are home-remedies.
-Another ways is to try homeopathic medicines, some are wonderful.
I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Jaundice after colon cancer surgery
- Sex after colon cancer surgery
- Healing after colon cancer surgery
- Debulking surgery for colon cancer
- Lazy bowel after colon cancer
- Alternatives to colon cancer surgery
- After colon cancer surgery
- Colonoscopy after colon cancer surgery
- Diarrhea after colon cancer surgery
- Chemotherapy after colon cancer surgery