Suggest ways to abort 7 weeks of pregnancy

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor

Im 7.5 weeks pregnant.... could you suggest some way I could miscarry naturally.... I don't mind going to the gynac and getting the foetus removed but before that I need to ensure that the foetal growth has stopped
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do medical abortion under gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) There are several way to proceed natural miscarriage like intake of Cinnamon, Raw Shellfish, pine apple, papaya, soft cheese, green tea, sea food, Portulaca Oleracea and doing acupuncture, cupping, energy healing etc. They can stop fetal growth.

However, these are time consuming procedure and NOT much effective. It may result into incomplete abortion with other complication and ill-health.

2) I suggest you to undergo medical termination of pregnancy with abortion pills under supervision of local gynecologist (need complete prescription) and it will be helpful in emergency situation also. It is safe and effective.

Following is the general guideline for medical abortion:

a) Confirm gestational age by one Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan). It also helps to differentiate uterine and tubal pregnancy before taking the abortion pill.

b) Medical abortion can be done successfully up to 9 weeks (63 days) in 95% cases. Ideally, 1 Mifepristone tab is taken in the morning followed 24 to 48 hrs later by four Misoprostol tabs (2 orally and 2 vaginally).

Immediately after taking those pills, you will get vaginal bleeding and strong abdominal cramp till fleshy mass or clots are expelled out.

c) You may get bleeding or small clots for 1-2 weeks to resolve the abortion completely. Next, follow up examination is required after 2 weeks to check retained bits or placental tissue. One pelvic ultrasound (post abortion) is quite helpful.

d) In failed medical abortion (5% cases), surgical procedure (D & C) is required to evacuate uterine cavity completely. In such case, gynecologist can help her.

Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and take care.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak