Suggest usage of Hyland's Arnica 30X

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
I would like to know if Hyland's Arnica 30X is okay to use before having some lip liner tattoo done as I bruise
very easily and was told this would help but I want to know do I use it the day before or several days of taking
this Arnica 30X.
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Arnica XXXXXXX an lip bruise care

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting with your health concern.

1. The said drug is Homeopathic Medicine and is made according to the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States and is used for TEMPORARY relief [not a permanent solution], so will be genuine but as with any other medicine comes precaution/information same is the case with it.

PS: since the product may contain more/other material and information than shown on website it is your duty to check with necessary warning/direction/ indications before using the product and since LIP area is highly vascular thus swelling will be there so to minimize excessive bruising ICE your lips both before and after the procedure and sleep upright.

2. Since you bruise easily, check with your blood picture regarding platelet count and bleeding time and other necessary investigations or talk with your Doctor undertaking the procedure. [since in old age [70 years] platelet count decreases progressively with age [thrombocytopenia] which may impair healing process]

3. As studied/noted mostly bruise will last anywhere between 3-14 days [2 weeks] depending upon the site/severity and most importantly healing capability of the patient, things to minimise the post operative effect of swelling are:
1. eating pineapple is good since it contains natural anti-inflammatory/anti bruising chemical called bromelain.
2. Since Arnica is free from Aspirin/Acetaminophen thus will not interfere with platelet/blood homeostasis and is safe to use, the active components of arnica include
. lactones and flavonoids which are known to reduce inflammation and ease pain
. Avoid Alcohol, vitamin E supplements, gingko, ibuprofen, aspirin which can make you bruise more easily.

Revert back with your concerns and clarifications.

Dr. Munish
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic