Suggest type of specialist to consult for swollen ankles

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have swollen ankles, am 83, in good health. Have had sonogram, cat scan, and an mri. My heart is good. I have had 4 children and have many varicouse veins. What type of Dr. would I go to to help me walk without hurting? I take spiralactone and lacestsand misincipole
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vascular surgeon will help

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and would like to recommend vascular surgeon to look after your ankle swelling and varicose veins.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj