Suggest treatmentfor UTI
Fluids and Oral citrate could help
Azo, which is Phenazopyridine, is usually given for empirical treatment of urinary discomfort. If this is not helping, as a temporary measure, you can try taking citro-soda which should be available without a doctor's prescription as an over-the-counter drug.
This is available as citro-soda sachets which you could dissolve in a glass of water and take after you have something to eat thrice daily, or as a syrup, the standard dose being approximately 15 ml diluted in half a glass of water, and again taken after meals thrice daily. This alkalinizes the urine, and reduces the burning due to the urine acidity.
Most of the other drugs like Flavoxate are likely to need a doctor's prescription.
You could also try taking in more fluids orally, say at least 2-3 liters per day, and though you might be forced to go to the washroom more frequently, this should help wash out quite a bit of the infection till you get a more definitive treatment from your physician / urologist.
Hope I have been of help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- Suggest otc medication for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Uti urine analysis done suggestions
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- Suggest home remedies for uti
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti
- Penis head is cold to touch. Why?
- Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...
- Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...
- Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?
- Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...
- Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...
- Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?
- Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...
- Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...
- Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?