question-icon

Suggest treatment when symptoms are extreme fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, unsteadiness and bloating

Posted on Fri, 20 Nov 2020
Question: I need to know what type of doctor to consult. Smptoms are extreme fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath,occasional, unsteadiness, bloating. Cardiologist say not my heart; my labs asre great for womeone much younger. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need to consult a Pulmonologist.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.

In my opinion, you should consult a Pulmonologist to look for bronchitis.
Your symptoms (breathlessness, fatigue, weakness) are more suggestive of bronchitis.
I'd also suggest getting a PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) done.
PFT will not only diagnose bronchitis but it will also tell you about the severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.

You may need inhaled bronchodilators (Formoterol or Salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (Budesonide or Fluticasone).

Please let me know:
1. Have you ever undergone PFT?
2. Have you ever taken inhaled bronchodilator treatment?

Please let me know the answers of above-asked questions so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.

Wish you good health.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist