Suggest treatment when suffering from functional cyst in the ovary

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: my wife 28, has been facing problem in regular mensis, later detected as PCO. doc succeeded to bring periods and create egg before day 20 of period i.e. 20.05.15. on medicine assistance. but as expected the egg didnt rupture even after 10 days of egg creation. she was injected for rupture on 20.05.15, but didnt worked even after 96 hrs. now the egg size is 32.6 in right ovary with F. cyst. endometrium size is 12.2 mm. please suggest to proceed further as we are keen to become parents
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait for the cyst to regress.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A cyst of size 32.6 mm is a functional cyst ion the ovary. It will not regress in size in this cycle. You will have to wait for her periods to come and get an ultrasound scan done again after the periods to see if the cyst has regressed.
After the cyst disappears you will have to start the treatment for formation of new eggs under the guidance of an infertility specialist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
actually the size of the egg was written as 32.6 x 18.8 mm (F. cyst) in the follicular report. does that mean something else?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a functional cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The size of a healthy egg usually does not exceed 20-22 mm. The larger size indicates that it is a functional cyst and it will not rupture to release a healthy egg.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN