Suggest treatment to replenish severe vitamin D and B12 deficiency in the body

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i had consulted this sitein 2015 . at that time i had talked about strange feeling in sole of feet . i was suggested testing level of vit b12 . it was found deficient and was suggested something i do not remember. but now again the same feeling is experienced by me so i got the B12 level checked also Vitamin D. the vitamin B12 is 139 and vitamin d is also less
since one week i have been taking MIMORANGE-L and nerobion twice a day. pls go through the reports uploaded by me and suggest what medication i need to follow and for how long. also i am surprised as to how i suffer from vitamin D deficiency because i am always out in the morning playing
regards
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cholecalciferol and Methylcobalamin will help to correct these lab abnormal

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Welcome to HealthCare Magic

I have worked through your attached query and reports in detail.

Your reports show severe vitamin D and B12 deficiency.

This requires early correction of these deficiencies through appropriate oral medications.

Your current medications are insufficient to correct these abnormalities.

I generally prescribe oral pills Cholecalciferol 60 K, one pill once a week for 12 to 18 weeks and Tab Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg every alternative day for 8 to 12 weeks. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Avoid fried and fatty food stuff. Consume foods like oatmeal, green leafy vegetables, and milk on daily basis to prevent vitamin deficiencies.

Repeat estimation of these vitamins after 12 weeks of oral medication.

Hope I have answered all your questions

Are you satisfied with my consultation ? Is there anything else left to be discussed ?

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply and prescription. Does your prescription cover both vitamin b12 and vitamin D deficiency in my body. Is eating 1-2 eggs beneficial. However I don't eat any other meat products. Also I am curious to know how I am deficient in vitamin D which I heard is normal in people who spend some time in the sunlight.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prescription includes medications against both

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Thank you for your response

Yes the prescription covers both vitamin D and B12 deficiency supplementation.

Eggs are certainly helpful in your case.

Vitamin D deficiency can occur because of multiple causes despite adequate exposure to sunshine.

Inadequate dietary intake and absorption are other common causes of vitamin D deficiency.

Post your further queries if any
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
I got cholecalciferol but the chemist told me that Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg is not available as single entity and it is always prescribed in combination. So pls suggest alternative if any.
Thanks for your prescription s will get back to u after I take the medicines and get levels tested after 12 weeks
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MECONERV 1500MCG TABLET (MICRO) Methylcobalamin 1500 MCG

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

Methylcobalamin 1500 mcg is available as follows

MECONERV 1500MCG TABLET (MICRO)
Methylcobalamin 1500 MCG.

Thank you