Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment to remove smoking stains on teeth

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
I need to clean my tooth stains caused due to smoking.. I need that to be done in home. I have read in internet that KMnO4 can be used for that purpose.. is it so? can i use it? pls need some help
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: i would prescibe you a professional cleaning Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, It is very nice to hear that you want to get your teeth cleaned by yourself at home, but these stains are very hard to remove and require a professional scaling and polishing by an Dental Hygienist. Smoking stains are tough to remove they are tenaciously adhered to the tooth surface, so instead of using KMnO4 by yourself at home i would suggest you to get an appointment fixed at your Dentist clinic. Smoking is hazardous to both physical and oral health so i would suggest you to quit smoking. Get a routine checkup done once in every six months. Maintain a good oral hygiene. Hope you find this as informative and helpful! Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor