Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

131 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment to remove simple renal cyst and enlarged prostate

Answered by
Dr. Indu Kumar


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 6719 Questions

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I am 67, male, 160cm / 53 kg, south Indian; underwent radical nephrectomy (right kidney) for papillary renal cell carcinoma, three months ago. Recent investigation reveals normal size left kidney (10.2x4.3 cm); urine and blood analysis normal (creatinin coming down from 1.6 to 1.4 - doctor assures it will come down further with low protein diet like mine).
Now I am detected with a small (1.2x1.0 cm) simple left renal cyst and Grade I proststomegaly (prostate size 2.4x4.3x2.5). Can I avoid surgery completely?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Findings are age related.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing to HCM

Sorry to know about your past illness.
According to present scan,there is small simple left renal cyst and grade 1 prostatomegaly.
Simple renal cyst is age related benign finding and in majority of the cases,it doesn't require any treatment.However,if there is rapid increase in size or there is infection in cyst then it may require intervention.You need follow up scan.

Grade 1 enlarge prostate is also age related finding and if you have symptoms due to enlarge prostate like urgency,straining etc,then you may need medicines.This condition is easily manageable with medicines and it doesn't require surgery.

It is good that creatinine level is going down.You should strictly follow your doctor's advise.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Prostatomegaly

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am getting a pain the right groin area since last night. I have been lifting weights for some time now but I did not feel any pain while exercising. The pain began while I was sleeping last night. Though the pain is not severe,it...

doctor1 MD

I am 55years aged male, reported Grade1 Prostatomegaly and mild fatty Liver in abdomen and kub scan. I had abdomen pain especially after long walking. My Physician advised UROSOL 150 ONCE DAILY and URIMAX 0.4G (TWICE A DAY). Please suggest any...

doctor1 MD

My dad is having problems in urine bladder .... In testing reports grade GRADE III PROSTATOMEGALY WITH SIGNIFICANT POSTVOID RESIDUE Is it critical situation?

doctor1 MD

I am male, 67 years old. I have recently had a scan and found out that my prostate is showing PROSTATOMEGALY, and as the prostate is enlarged it is pushing my bladder. I have been getting a mild pain on the right hand side of the lower abdomen for 2 or 3 years, a bearable pain but concerning. Could this pain be coming from the enlarged prostate pushing on the bladder ?

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. Chandan,
USG reported that I have a mildly enlarged prostate measuring 3.1x3.4x3.4 cm(weight 21gms). It also shows homogenous and smooth outline. Seminal vesicles are normal. USG impression: mild prostatomegaly. I am 40 years old. Is there any problem in having sexual intercourse? Please suggest me what to do.

doctor1 MD

I HAVE GOT ULTRA SOUND ABDOMEN TEST TODAY ON A CASUAL CHECK-UP. IT WAS REPORTED THAT enlarged size with median lobe protuding into bladder base, normal in shaoe, position, and echotexture. Radiologist remarked it as GRAII PROSTATOMEGALY. i am now 50 year old man.

kindly advise me about this finding,