Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment to remove post chickenpox scars

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
In childhood I was suffering from chickenpox(might be I was 8-10 years old). All spots gone except 2-3 which is on face. Is there any way to clear that spots?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, there are procedures for chicken pox scars Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare magic, You seem to have pitted scars due to chicken pox. There are a lot of treatments available to make it better. Treatments available for it include Subcision, Derma roller ( Microneedling ) technique, Punch excision and suture, Punch floatation , Microdermabrasion, Ablative laser resurfacing, Non ablative laser etc. Get a consultation from a dermatologist who is experienced in cosmetology. He will assess your scars and plan treatment. You might need multiple sittings of different modalities of treatments for maximal benefit. You need to have patience because results will be gradual. After care instructions should be strictly followed and after procedure excessive sun exposure should be avoided. If you can upload a photo of the spots , I can assess and recommend the best treatment.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Hope this helped, Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor