Suggest treatment to remove corn on toe

Excellent

Question
Just noticed I have a corn that's infected on my little toe, no red lines, just red and a bit swollen. Is it all right to soak it, and if so, in what?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hot water or chamomile tea

Detailed Answer:

Corn is actually a protective phenomenon by skin to protect from too much friction. It is buildup of dead skin with a hard center core. So you need to make it soft and rub it off with pumice stone.

Soak it in hot water or tea solution for 10 minutes to use the pumice stone. This has to be done several times for the visible corn to be removed completely.