Suggest treatment to remove corn between toes

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Dr.
I get a painful corn between my toes on my middle toe.that whenever I wear any type of shoes that im obligated to wear for my work grooming which is a bit narrowed in the front it gives me so much pain that makes me limp.i tried to remove it with corn plaster but it comes back again in two or three months.do u think I need to do the surgery or is there any other easy solution for it.

Thank you
Best Regards
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Corn in such area appears due to regular compression of this area. The most probable source of such compression are described by you shoes. As long as the compression factor wont be eliminated, removing it in any way (including surgery) will be only temporal solution and for sure it will regrow.
So the best you can do is to find more comfortable shoes. If its impossible, please try to separate this two fingers with Gel Toe Spreader for example (see this as an example http://www.supportsusa.com/ankle/silipos/toe-spread.htm).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.