Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment to remove corn between toes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Dear Dr.
I get a painful corn between my toes on my middle toe.that whenever I wear any type of shoes that im obligated to wear for my work grooming which is a bit narrowed in the front it gives me so much pain that makes me limp.i tried to remove it with corn plaster but it comes back again in two or three u think I need to do the surgery or is there any other easy solution for it.

Thank you
Best Regards
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Corn in such area appears due to regular compression of this area. The most probable source of such compression are described by you shoes. As long as the compression factor wont be eliminated, removing it in any way (including surgery) will be only temporal solution and for sure it will regrow.
So the best you can do is to find more comfortable shoes. If its impossible, please try to separate this two fingers with Gel Toe Spreader for example (see this as an example

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor