question-icon

Suggest treatment to remove bursitis in foot

Posted on Tue, 8 Jul 2014
Question: Hi , my father has bursitis has in his foot. Doctors have recommended a minor procedure to remove this ?

Is surgical procedure the only option to remove bursitis ?

How long it will take him to recover and walk after the procedure
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
If bursa is painful surgical excision is treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I have studied your case.

If bursa is painful surgical excision is treatment.
If you want temporary relief intrabursal injection can be given which will give long term pain relief.
There may be recurrence of pain after injection.
Recovery may depend according to site and size,usually 2 to 3 weeks.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon