Suggest treatment to relieve sharp pain under the left rib after a hard sneeze
Unfortunately muscle injury can take up to 2 weeks to resolve, some cases 6 weeks.
The pain is due to slight injury of the muscles in that area. It can sometimes take up to 2 weeks for muscle injury to resolve, in severe cases (though should not be the case for you)-- can take up to 6 weeks.
You can continue the tiger balm and if the pain is severe, consider adding an anti inflammatory pain killer such as Ibuprofen or Naproxen or Cataflam.
A warm compress to the area may also be helpful as well.
I hope this helps.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Razor sharp pains under left rib
- Sharp pain left side ribs after miscarriage
- Sharp pain left side under ribs back
- Sharp pain behind left rib
- Suggest treatment fpr sharp pain under the little toe
- Sharp pain under ribs hernia
- Sharp pains under ribs and sides
- Sharp pain in stomach under ribs
- Sharp pain after sneeze
- Sharp pain left rib cage