Suggest treatment to relieve pain in the left upper limb above elbow after cannulation
I had undergone some endoscopy procedure and for that cannula was attached on left hand. The endoscopy was done on 16th XXXXXXX 2017. For initial 2-3 days I was having a little bit pain in the vein and at the point where cannula was attached.
Now, pain at cannula point is gone but, the pain in vein is still there and the pain is more in the upper part connecting elbow and shoulder with some redness and swollen vein. I had used heating pad to get some relief and taken combiflam and it gave me some refiled from pain. I am attaching the pics of the red and swollen part. Please have a look and suggest what shall I do?
cellulitis upper limb . guidelines provided .
Hello XXXXXXX , hi
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query with attached photographs thoroughly .
* There is cellulitis involving upper limb above elbow .
* Guidelines at present for better recovery
- Ice pack application for 5 minutes each 4 times a day .
- Keep the part clean with antiseptic liquid , dry .
- In our clinic we recommend cephalosporin group of antibiotics for duration of
5 - 7 days depending upon the clinical recovery .
- Continue to take combiflam 3 times a day after meals preferably with antacid
as ranitidine ( 150 mg ) .
Follow up recommended after 3 days or early as per the requirement .
Wishing you fine recovery .
Regards take care .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for pain in elbow and forearm
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Elbow joint pain treatment
- Treatment and cure for pain to elbow
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- Elbow pain treatment exercises
- Treatment for golf elbow pain
- Treatment for golfers elbow pain
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows