Suggest treatment to relieve itching in bumps in the scrotum in a patient with jock itch

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Thu, 30 Aug 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Dr. M 35 year old male. have jock itch for.more than 2 years. have tried fluconazole, dafraclav, candid b, triben b, mupirocin. But nothing helped. I noticed bumps in the scrotum but no puss and itching is in each of the bumps. Mr.XXXXXXX from XXXXXXXXX advised to take cetrizine 10mg for 10 days and use of moisturiser and betamethasone valerate cream. It's almost 2 weeks and m seeing things are better now as the skin dryness is not there now. Still itching is there in bumps. just to inform that m taking thyroxine 50mcg for hypothyroid issue. Pls advise.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
To To continue the same Medication for 1 week

Detailed Answer:

I have worked through your attached query in detail

It's good to hear from you that you are currently doing well on MEDICATIONS

it's advisable to continue the treatment for another 1 week and then review

Post your further queries if any
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 8 hours later
thank u for swift update. my cocern is even after applying betamethosone no relief in itching in bumps. otherwise the dry skin has improvements. Pls advise.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral antifungal agents will be helpful

Detailed Answer:

In that case it's advisable to consider oral antifungal therapy for 2 weeks for prompt relief.

I generally prescribe oral pills of Terbinafine to my patients with such symptoms. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Suresh Heijebu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng