Suggest treatment to relieve gum soreness and sensitivity caused by vigorous scaling of the gums
Seems like gum injury. Will heal gradually.
Thanks for the query.
The gum is injured by vigorous manipulation.
But do not worry as it will heal gradually.
However, if there is any ulcer formation over the gum then you should consult a Dentist and get a script of antibiotics.
Meanwhile, simply take some painkillers like Tylenol (Paracetamol) three times daily for the time being (I'd suggest avoiding Advil for now).
If there is only inflammation then you can do warm saline gargles. You can apply Chlorohexidine oral gel. Do cool compresses over it. Take soft diet. Avoid picking the gum or touching it with the tongue as it can irritate it further.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for small bony prominence on the gum
- Suggest treatment for paiful and swollen gums
- Suggest treatment for recurrent antibiotic resistent gum inflammation
- Suggest treatment for throat painswelling and spots in gums
- Swollen sore gums treatment
- Bleeding gums causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for tooth and gum pain
- Suggest treatment for bleeding gums
- Suggest treatments for swollen gums due to wisdom teeth
- Treatment for sore gums pain
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess