Suggest treatment to reduce blood pressure

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi I Have a BP problem. 143/97
I am taking Tablets every day ENVAS 10 mg.

Suggest me how do i reduce BP.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Add another or increase dose

Detailed Answer:
Dear friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The value is high, but not very high / not an emergency / but needs to be brought down

There are several classes of drugs and several drugs in each class
Drug and dose need to be tailored to the individual

Discuss with your Primary Care provider –
A second drug can be added – usually a diuretic like thiazide / or Calcium Channel Blocker (CCB) like amlodipine
     Or / The dose of Enalapril (Envas) may be increased
Most people need 2 or 3 drugs

Regular exercise / salt restricted diet / relaxation techniques are helpful in the long term
You might have already done ECG & ECHO / tested Electrolytes, Kidney function and Lipids… if not do now.

Good luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju