Suggest treatment to prevent lipomas

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: Hello,

I have had none cancerous fatty tumors all my life. They just keep growing and now I have more then 200 of them. I have always been told to just remove them but is there a way to prevent them?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lipoma are benign tumour

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The benign tumour lipoma do not generally require treatment because lipomas are noncancerous growth and cannot become cancerous, they do not need to be removed.
There is no known treatment to prevent lipoma or affect their growth. You may think about alternative medicine like Homeopathy and so on.
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.