Suggest treatment to lower blood pressure
A bit early to treat, monitor, reassurance
Hi and thanks for the question,
I understand how this can be disturbing. However, it might important to note a few things. Is this the first time the blood pressure, especially the upper value (systolic )is above 140? . Is she going through any stressful psychological or depressive moment lately?
In case she has never been diagnosed hypertensive before, It will not be justified to treat her now (give drugs to lower her blood pressure). The normal blood pressure is normally less than 140/90. It s true that at 158 it is raised. However, a stressful event can cause a temporal increase in blood pressure as such. I suggest you stay calm, be cautious again and repeat the blood pressure measurement may be tomorrow when she is actually at rest. In case the blood pressure remains high, then treatment will be justified.
For now, I strongly suggest psychological support and reassurance. The blood pressure should be controlled later under calm conditions and at rest. If raised then , treatment is advised.
For now, watch and reassure her. Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Erratic blood pressure treatment
- Suffering from low blood pressure diabetic suggest treatment
- Pylokit treatment blood pressure
- Treatment for 18884 blood pressure
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for rising blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- Treatment for low blood pressure
- Blood pressure ayurvedic treatment
- Lemon as a blood pressure treatment
- 74 years old. Not getting proper sleep. What should I do?
- Scratching eye during sleep. How to get relief?
- Developed grooves in skull. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?
- Treatment for cough, breathing difficulty and chest tightness?
- Does antiviral ayurvedic medicine extend the window perioid of hiv?
- Is diltiazem and carzarc the same medicine for HBP?
- Noticed sore and swollen lymph nodes on neck. Should I be concerned?
- Took overdose of panadeines. Experiencing cough and fluttering in heart....
- Child has dark bruise on lower back. How to remove this?
- Is paranoia curable?