Suggest treatment to itching and redness in eye

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hello my name is odelgo Fearon and my right eye as been bothering me for some time now
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please mention the problem faced by you.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are having problem with the right eye. Please mention the type of problem being faced by you so that I can answer your question.
The details I would like to know are
Do you pain, redness, itching, irritation, watering of the eye?
Do you have blurring of vision or diminution of vision?
Do mention any other problem other than the above mentioned ones?

Do answer me the above questions so that I can answer your question more accurately.

Thank you
with regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 5 minutes later
I have itching,redness and my sclera look loose and there is a red spot on my sclera like a little solen spot. my vision is is ok.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems like inflammation of the eye.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

The symptoms of redness, itching, irritation. swelling of sclera and red spot usually indicate inflammation of sclera or episclera called as episcleritis.

This requires treatment by the use of antiinflammatory eye drops. I prefer to use antiinflammatory eye drops like flurbiprofen.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
yes one more question what could have cause it so I would know to avoid it
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It usually follows as a result of allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

It is usually idiopathic in nature and exact underlying cause is not known.
Most of these cases are caused by allergy.

A single episode of episcleritis does not require any tests or evaluation, hence no need to worry.

Thank you