Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment to increase height

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
Hi please help my 17 year old gain height ,he is 5.1-5.2 and does not seem to gain height,has he stopped growing,I give him milk,whey protein,hot cocoa,we r vegetarians,what can I do to help him,has he stopped growing or there is a chance for him to gain height
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Physical activity and exercise beneficial Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX The child has potential to grow till age of 23 to 25 years that is the time when growing end of bones stops growing and growth epiphysis fuses. The final height of individual depends on parents height. In majority of cases it's arithmetic average of height of father and mother. Apart from genetic makeup environment factors like diet and exercise do play a role although to lesser extent. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help 1. Introduction of boiled egg white protein in diet ( unfertilised eggs are considered vegetarian similar to how milk). Egg contains first class protein 2. Consumption of L Arginine powder which is an Amino acid, 1 XXXXXXX in glass of water everyday will be helpful 3. Promote physical activity and exercise: Double bar exercise and basketball is beneficial. Physical activity also in form of 30 minutes of brisk walking or jogging everyday is very beneficial. Wishing your son a happy and healthy life. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor