Suggest treatment to get rid of dandruff

Dermatologist
Question
I am suffering from drandruff in scalp and check sich 1 year, i tried different antidrandruff shampoo and now using Randruff medical shampoo sinch 3 month but still drandruff is not cured. What is the solution to get rid of it?am suffering from drandruff in scalp and chest since 1 year.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
anti dandruff shampoo and noskurf lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
Dandruff is usually a problem.of oily skin.
it is associated with frequent relapse and recurrence.

For dandruff, I usually advice my patients to apply shampoo containing ketoconazole 2 percent on alternate day basis till it is completely resolved. Apply the foam on affected chest area also and leave the foam on scalp and chest for around five minutes before you wash it.
Once it is cured, maintenance therapy is required so as to prevent its recurrence.

Alongwith in case of severe dandruff, I usually advice my patients to apply noskurf lotion on the affected scalp on alternate day basis.

I hope it helps.
If you have any further query you may ask me.
Stay healthy.