Suggest treatment to cure invasive cystic tapeworms

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 11 Nov 2014 in Infections
Question: hi my names to XXXX m a XXXX 43 year old female in the last 6 months I've had a lot of health issues went to lots of doctors nobody took me seriously I think I have invasive cystic tapeworms they say they're not around here but at one time I can't add 20 cyst on my body because of the reason I'm bipolar all the doctors and nurse practitioners and stuff that I would see what blow me off give me the runaround not believe in me because I'm mentally ill I just recently yesterday got medicine after this whole six monthshe doctors and it's called stromectol4last fr and four more wed and they say it will kill them allbut I have one in my abdomen is not detected by Katzkins for a stool sample that's about the size of a can of pop and I just don't see how these little pills are going to kill something that big and I'm wondering if I should have surgery because I read online that sometimes you have to have surgery to get rid of themThank You tisha
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
TAKE THE MEDICATIONS FIRST

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Yes, small pills can kill those big worms.
The pills contain active medications that act against the worms.
How were invasive cystic tapeworms diagnosed ?
Please finish the course of medications, and if you still see worms, you can ask for more invasive treatment.
Generally, medications suffice for treatment, and surgery is not required.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
WIsh you good health always, dear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 minutes later
actually they didn't diagnose me with invasive cystic tapeworms that while I was looking at pinworms I found it and I have all the symptoms and I've seen one of them and looked him up and no they look like that and I sent I got out baby ones that are little brown things and I took it to all my doctors and nurse practitioners and none of them look at him nobody put them under microscope or did anything they didn't believe they were anything but skin and scabs and their actual baby tapeworms the weakness and fatigue that I feel affects me daily and then the big tape worm in my throat keeps me from eating normally I can't sometimes I can't eat it allalso if I get him to do the blood test they do to detect it and they find that I do have them will that be my diagnosis then?also could you give me the name of the blood test or the way I understand it is is a test it'll show whether you have the antibodies to fight off the cystic tapeworms but anyway the nurse practitioner I'm going to live in a really small town and I don't know if they would know about that test or not but I would like it to be done so could you give me the name of it

I also wanted you to know that I've been to five medical doctors to psychiatrist 3 nurse practitioners and a dermatologist over the last 6 months trying to get help
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
WHAT PART OF THE BODY HAVE YOU SEEN WORMS IN ?

Detailed Answer:
Where have you seen the brown pinworms, what part of your body ?
How do you suspect there is a worm in your throat ?
And you mentioned a big worm in your abdomen, how do you know that ?
If you tell me the symptoms , or whether you actually saw or found worms, I can suggest tests accordingly, as there are different tests for different parts of the body affected with worms.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
nose ears mouth teeth that every where I found the baby tapeworms and told all the doctors but no one would look at them the sitting the worm in my stomach I can feel it its in there deep behind everything that it moves from side to side and has a different heartbeat than mine and it didn't show up in the CAT scan but I can still feel itI know about the tapeworm in my throat because I can feel it with my finger but I can't get a hold of it to pull it out and I gag on food sometimes and sometimes throw food back up
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
LESS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE WORMS

Detailed Answer:
My dear friend, if specialists have examined you and found no worms, it is very less possible that you have them.
Is it just possible that you are imagining them ?
There is no specific blood test to diagnose all kinds of worms.
You need atleast a complete stool exam and an endoscopy, if worms are there, they would definitely show up.
If the CAT scan did not pick up worms, it is really not possible that you are harbouring so many worms.
I hope you understand my logic.