Suggest treatment to cure blood clot and pain in eyes after an injury

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Apr 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i had a hit on my eye and it has led to blood clot formation and there is pain in the eye ball. need help
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: The treatment is by analgesics and cold compress. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic. Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you have suffered a hit to your eye which has led to clot formation with pain in the eye. The treatment is by use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotic eye drops. I usually prefer to use analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs like diclofenac and antibiotic eye drops like ciplox eye drops. I need further more information to answer your question more specifically. Please note whether the injury has caused blood clot formation involving only the eye lids or whether it is involving the eye also Whether the vision in the affected eye is normal or do you have any visual disturbances in the form of blurring of vision, double vision... Now I will provide answers to the above conditions, If the injury is involving only the eye lids, then no need to worry as it will resolve over 3-4 weeks. The treatment is by use of analgesic drugs and cold compression. If the injury is involving the superficial layer of the eye, conjunctiva resulting in sub conjunctival hemorrhage, then no need to worry this will also resolve by itself over 3-4 weeks. The treatment is by use of analgesic drugs and antibiotic eye drops. If the injury is involving the eye with visual problems then you require further examination by a ophthalmologist to look for the type and severity of injury. If you can send a photo of the affected eye and if you can answer the above questions I will be able to answer you more specifically. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 22 minutes later
I hv just uploaded the pictures of my eye for further diagnosis and medication
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures not seen kindly check the upload. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up. But I am not finding any uploaded pictures, please check for the attachments during upload. As of now for pain relief you can use analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs as I had mentioned in the previous answer. Kindly try to resend the pictures which you have uploaded. Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Thank you for the follow up. I could see the photo of the affected eye, I guess some technical issue earlier. This is Subconjunctival hemorrhage, it is because of collection of blood under the conjunctiva as a result of impact of injury. This is self resolving condition and it takes usually 3-4 weeks for it to get absorbed. No treatment is necessary for sub conjunctival hemorrhage, but associated pain can be treated by use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs like diclofenac sodium once or twice a day and antibiotic eye drops like ciprofloxacin can be used. However if you have any symptoms relating to vision like blurring of vision you need to consult your eye doctor. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help you. Thank you