Suggest treatment to cure GERD

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 2 May 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I suffer from acid reflux. bad taste in mouth when I awake and is corroding my teeth due to bad saliva re no ph in saliva and grinding teeth at night. what can I do to control reflux problem. I had been put on nexium befor b8ut found little affect
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: GERD is a possibility. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. You might be suffering from Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disesae (GERD). I advise following in such conditions: 1. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day for atleast 15 days initially. 2. To take Soft, Bland diet. 3. Not to smoke in case you do. 4. Not to lie on bed directly after eating food, you must walk for 20 minutes after each meal. 5. To sleep always with a pillow below your neck. 6. To take small frequent meals instead of 3 heavy meals. 7. Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy is advisable to see for Lax Esophageal Sphincter and to see for any ulceration. This is my best advice for you with the available details, if you have any further query, please ask us. Stay Healthy