Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment to control hairfall

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
how to control hairfall and i am suffering with this from 1yr
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 hours later
Brief Answer: treat the underlying cause Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, I have read your query. I am sorry about your hair loss problem. You are suffering with this from past 1 yr. This definitely needs further investigations. As an initial evaluation, I would suggest you to get your hemoglobin and thyroid function tests done. Your hair also needs to be examined by a Trichologist to look at the pattern of hair loss and type of hair loss. The hair loss could also be due to exposure to pollution and lack of hair hygiene. Avoid exposure of your hair to extreme sunlight, smoke, and dust. Condition it regularly with good oil. Keep it well protected. This will minimize the hair loss. Hope this information helps you. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor