Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

120 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment to bring down the increased triglyceride levels to normal

Answered by
Dr. Ilir Sharka


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 6553 Questions

Posted on Thu, 12 Jul 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My husband's triglycerides level increased from 178 to 708 from September to present.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that these levels of triglycerides are really high.

For this reason, I recommend making some changes to his diet (avoid sugar or fatty food, increase food reach in omega 3 fatty acids) and start taking fenofibrate, in order to lower his cholesterol levels.

I would also recommend performing an abdominal ultrasound and some blood lab tests:

- complete blood count
- kidney and liver function tests
- lipase and amylase plasma levels.

The raise in Triglycerides does not seem to be related to the difficulty in swallowing.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on