Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment testicle injury

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 676 Questions
my 8 year old son was climbing a fence and his testicle got hooked while going over . The fence tore a small hole in the testicle and has skin flapped open. We stopped the bleeding and put bactine spray on it for pain and infection. Should he be seen by a doctor immediately or will he be okay until morning?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to take him to the ER. Detailed Answer: Dear Mrs. XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW for your health related query. I am Dr. Yogesh, I will address your concerns. If there is a flap of skin that is hanging loose from the testicle, that flap needs to be stitched back into place as soon as possible, delaying will result in failure of that skin flap from healing. It is not possible to assess the extent of injury online, and I do feel only a doctor will be able to assess the damage correctly upon physical exam, so you need to go to the ER. If the injury is deep, and causes any blood to clot inside the testis, then that testis will shrink, which is not at all acceptable. I would suggest you to visit the ER as soon as possible, please do not wait till morning. Hope that answers your query. Please write back if you have any doubts. Wishing your son a speedy recovery. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor