Suggest treatment severe dizziness and tingling sensation in the legs
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Dizziness is a very common symptom. The trouble with it is that it is not very specific, meaning that could have many different causes.
One explanation might be inner ear issues as the inner ear together with the brain is responsible for balance. Usually is in the form of vertigo, a spinning feeling and incremented by head position change.
Another possible cause is anemia which is commonly manifested with dizziness and weaknes.
Metabolic causes are one other common cause due to factors such as low blood sugar, electrolyte changes, thyroid dysfunction etc. Heat and dehydration may play a role as well.
Nervous system lesions like stroke can be a cause as well, but usually have other symptoms such as headache, double vision, lack of coordination, weakness of the limbs, reduced sensations in the faceor limbs so I wouldn’t regard them as that likely. The tingling feelings you describe and their distribution is not that typical.
At times all tests result normal and simply anxiety could be the cause, it can manifest both with lightheadedness as well as tingling sensations. Common in women after menopause. The fact that you feel better when exercising and worse when you return home would actually point more in that direction.
So I would suggest a routine blood panel as a starting point, including blood count, glucose, liver and kidney function, electrolyte panel, vitamin B12 level and thyroid function. If you have vertigo and hearing symptoms an ear evaluation may be necessary as well. Regarding work, generally I would say to continue it, but since it involves riding horses which could be dangerous for a dizzy person it might be wise to stop riding horses for a few days.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tingling sensation in left arm after chemo treatment
- Tingling sensation in head cause said to be concussion treatment
- Recurring rash on forehead tingling sensation treatment
- Had numb lips and tingling sensation on cheek suggest
- Treatment and cure for tingle sensation/ numbness
- Treatment and cure for Tingling sensation
- Dryness in mouth tingling sensation on tongue suggestions
- Treatment and cure for Severe dizziness
- Tingling sensation in urethra and scrotum suggestions
- Warm tingling sensation in leg