Suggest treatment painful swollen calves
Veins thrombosis needs to be ruled out.
Thank you for the query.
Calf hardness and pain are the symptoms of veins thrombosis. It does not mean that you have it, however it should be ruled out at first. Typical veins thrombosis symptoms are hard and painful calf which can be warmer than the other one. No fever is present. The pain is more intense when walking.
It is also possible that during the exercising you have injured calf muscle (it may be partially torn). Symptoms might be the same as veins thrombosis.
That is why I suggest you to consult your doctor. IN case of veins thrombosis suspicion, D-dimers level and Dopplers veins ultrasound should be done. Heparine injection is the main treatment of it.
In case of calf muscle injury, you should consult orthopedist.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fell on hand swollen painful suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for swollen and painful bruise
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen fingers
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for swollen painful red toes
- Suggest treatment for swollen fingers and painful ear
- Suggest treatment for swollen painful lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen testicle