Suggest treatment painful red lump in armpit
Need workup and assessment
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. Bump in axilla is likely an inflamed lymph node secondary to recent infection you had regarding Nasal discharge likely due to flu or cold.
Cat scratching opposite side of the hand should not have caused this bump on other hand so that is unlikely for this bump however should be analysed for any other disease as cat scratches can cause many.
Other possibilities are of hydradenitis suppurativa a condition in which some pus is collected in axilla mostly after some hair removal or shaving the axilla.
In women hormonal cycle and specially last part of it also give such inflammatory sensation of lumps in axilla and self resolves most of the time with end of luteal phase of cycle. Your history of anxiety may also contribute to overly noticing an innocuous lymph node.
Pcos is usually correlated with weight gain and that may lead to such hormonal imbalance as well causing such edematous breast state giving a lumpy sensation.
Any how it would need a little assessment and detailed clinical correlation for complete understanding of the disease process.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
No worries. likely cyclical hormonal changes
Thank you for getting back to me
That history makes it innocuous and hormonal cyclical thing we talked about in our previous answer. You need nothing to worry about. Just keep the axilla hair free and maintain a good hygiene. Keep an eye though. If any new symptom appears inform your doctor.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps on head
- Treatment for lump in armpit
- Suggest treatment to remove painful lump in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for abdomen lump
- Ayurvedic treatment of lumps of armpit
- Suggest treatment for painful lump between the breasts
- Treatment for painful lump under armpit and dizziness
- Painful lump on knee treatment
- Suggest treatment for lump in the armpits