Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease

Posted on Sat, 27 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is pelvic inflammatory disease

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
Thanks for trusting healthcare magic.

Pouch Of XXXXXXX is also called recto-uterine pouch, is located between the rectum and the back part of the uterus.

Fluid in the pouch of XXXXXXX can be seen in numerous conditions.The commonest is soon after ovulation which is very much normal and happens due to release of blood and fluid from the follicle rupture site in the ovary.

Other conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease , rupture of bladder or any hallow viscus in the abdomen can cause fluid collection but these conditions will present with severe symptoms before there is collection of fluid in the pouch.When seen in mid period it is considered as an indication of Ovulation.

In your case there is pain present in the lower abdomen and bilaterally over the iliac fossae, which indicate pelvic inflammatory disease. In this the lady generally has pain during deep penetration during intercourse and a low grade fever always accompany and per vaginal examination is painful. it can be treated with antibiotics ,a course for 14 days as per the cdc guidelines. you have been advised lyser-d which is diclofenac sodium , a pain killer.

after 14 days of treatment a pap smear needs to be performed and examination per vaginum after 2 weeks of completion of course to evaluate the treatment. if the signs persists , then a repeat course of 14 of antibiotics is advised.
the chances of complete recovery are bright , just that during the whole course , intercourse or sex has to be avoided which might flare up the infection. the fluid in POD is an inflammatory response of body to infection, so its normal in infection.
my suggestion would be to continue antibiotics and report to your physician after 3-4 weeks for reevaluation of the condition. relief can be observed from 3rd-5th day of treatment.

Dr.Sameer Kumar.

in case you have further queries , you can contact me directly at:-

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Answered by
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 1656 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Pap smear

doctor1 MD

I had two daughters by ceasarian section, the last 15 years ago and in that area I feel swollen and pain. I am 52 years old and am going through...

doctor1 MD

Hi! I ve being having this yellowish vaginal discharge with a bad odor I had done a vaginal culture plus a pap smear both came out negative though...

doctor1 MD

My wife is a 51 yrs old she had heavy bleeding for 3 days and now ther is spotting for 2 days A transvaginal u/s was done it showed adnexae cyst on...

doctor1 MD

I ve been having lots of medical issues within the past year. I recently moved to a very cold place after having lived in Florida for about 15...

doctor1 MD

On 2014 i Had a TVS. Result was normal Pelvic utz. Fibroid is 21mm x 10 anterior subserosal. Is this cancerous? I’ll have it check after 3 years...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I’m a difficult case. I’m 53, unsure about menopause because I was bleeding daily for a few months. My regular gynecologist could not do a pap...

doctor1 MD

Hi I've had light bleeding for almost 2 weeks now it started as light pink then orangish red and it turned darker red but i only bleed in the early...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction