Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for yellow rough surface of teeth

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - July 2014
July 2014

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Question
Please suggest to care my Teeth was rough and some yellow, black on top.
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Enamel hypoplasia, decay, veneering, crown

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query.

As far the rough surface and yellowish color is concerned I have two possibilities either it can be enamel hypoplasia or flourosis. The other possibility that could cause black color and rough surface is decay. Consult a oral physician and get it ruled out.

Its difficult to come to a diagnosis based on the history without clinical examination. If you can upload the images I can suggest you the better.

Based on the diagnosis it can be managed accordingly with either veneering, tooth color restorations or crowns.

I hope my answer helps you. If any queries will be happy to help.