question-icon

Suggest treatment for wrist pain

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: I am facing a bit of pain in my right-hand wrist from sometime now. I am unable to do push-ups (as part of normal exercise) by having my body-weight on my hands & legs (as in the normal posture of push-ups).
I am able to rotate it normally without any pain/stress and carry-on normal house-hold chores, but when I bend it upto a certain angle (say 60-90 degrees) & put pressure on it then it pains (in between moderate to high level of intensity of pain.)
What could be reason for it & how can I get relieved from it ?
Answered by Dr. Dr. Veerisetty Shyam kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Sprain

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

I read your message. wrist pain can be due to Sprain, Strain, Trauma,
In your case it may be sprain, Apply hot packs also.Stop exercising for few days.
You can use Tab ULTRACET twice daily for 4 days with Sumo spray for local application.These medications are available with doctor's prescription.

If pain is persistant, then get an x-ray wrist and consult an orthopedician.

Get back to me if any query
Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Dr. Veerisetty Shyam kumar