Suggest treatment for wrinkles and dark patches

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi im 31 yr f, I want to improve my facial skin, make it clear, texture to make soft smooth and supple, complexion and reduce or prevent appearing wrinkles. also I have dark skin like a patch near the corners of mouth. I want one night cream or gel to work on all these things. Suggest a good one. please as I have sis marriage coming up in couple of months I need faster working one.
Thank u
3 days ago in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin rejuvenating remedy

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I would suggest you to use a retinoid based cream for night application e.g either Yugard cream or Retilift cream. Retinol is the active ingredient in both of these topical preparations. As a molecule, Retinol has antiageing & skin rejuvenating properties as well as improves skin quality & complexion.
In addition I suggest you to use topical vitamin C during the day, before sunscreen e.g VC Tone anhydrous gel. Topical Vitamin C has antiageing & skin rejuvenating properties as well as lightens skin tone.
Use a gentle cleanser e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion, twice daily. Don't forget to use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day, after you use the vitamin C gel.
These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription regarding the same.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for wrinkles and dark patches 23 minutes later
Hi Kakkar,

I have t zone oily skin and dry on other parts.I have few creams and serums selected.let me know whether they are good.
kadhi miraculous 24k Insta glow cream
generic Dr XXXXXXX revibra vc10 28 capsules
cipla vit c serum vc15
Dr XXXXXXX avarta anti aging cream
Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair moisturiser with retinol
olay botanicals night cream
all these are available in XXXXXXX shall i buy from there? where do I get genuine products in bangalore?
also I'm using la shield spf daily. my skin is unclear with pimple marks small dots and darkness around mouth and under eyes. also not smooth in texture having pores.
I want one night cream, day cream and one vit c serum
which will work for all. please let me know.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding skin products

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I suggest you to use Dr. XXXXXXX Vit C capsules during the day. In addition I suggest you to use Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair cream at night. Also use a gel based sunscreen during the day e.g Acnelak UV sunscreen or Suncote gel. Reapply every 2-3 hours. Use Acnelak 4in 1 face wash. It is useful for oily and acne prone skin.